What Does Losing Weight Have to Do With Making a Decision?

Losing weight was always a big deal for me. I wouldn't say that I was suffering from obesity, but as long as I remember most of the time I had some spare pounds. This was a real problem in my teen years. You know, hanging out with girls on a beach you want to look great. You desperately want to look great.

It wasn't any problem for me going to a gym with my friends as soon as almost everybody was there. Bodybuilding among the boys always was a trend. What was a real challenge for me that I loved to eat (and I still do!). My Mom is an excellent cook! She was graduated from a college as a cook, but a talent for cooking coming from her heart and soul. When we were growing up with my brother our Mom was feeding us with excellence! Losing weight was not a subject in our household. As an outcome of this story my brother was and still is a slim guy and I was always overweight.

I tried losing weight many times.
The more I tried the more I failed. There was always something in the way - either my excuses or a lack of determination. Lots of people try to change something in their lives from the next Monday, beginning of the month or my favorite one - from The New Year. I was one of them. I planned to quit smoking right after a New Year. I planned to stop overeating and start exercising regularly right after a New Year party. But it NEVER worked. My plan of losing weight was "going downtown".

I tried different diets and special exercises, but to my disappointment I always had poor results. Why? I had no idea. Over the years some wisdom came upon me. I realized that my mistake was in... trying. I shouldn't have tried losing weight. I should have made a DECISION to DO it! I just had a wish, a desire of losing weight without a real decision to do it. If you want to achieve something and get results - don't wait to the beginning of the month or a New Year. Make a freaking DECISION, put up a PLAN, and DO IT NOW!

Why am I so confident about it? I have already done it and achieved significant results. I made a decision of losing weight NOW! I set up my mind to it, draw a plan of action, and followed it. My goal was to drop 10 kg (22 lbs) over 7 weeks. I overshot my goal by 4 kg and slimmed down by 14 kg (31 lbs). Wow! I was amazed by my results. It is a great victory over my own excuses!

Before I started my transformation journey I had read lots of materials and pulled out many useful tips for myself which I want to share with you here.

- Have a healthy breakfast. Don't skip it.
- Run or walk your butt off every day.
- Cut at least one of your bad habits. You know which one.
- Exclude salty snacks from your diet.
- When exercise listen to the music. Get pumped up and excited.
- Lots of veggies.
- Add veggies to the food you love (not to the ice-cream).
- Turn off TV. Do something different.
- Leave a part of your meal on the plate. Save some room for healthy goodies.
- No eating after 7 p.m. (no matter what).
- Find like-minded people (social networks, forums).
- Educate yourself on a healthy lifestyle.

Some of my tips might not fit you. It's OK. You can have completely different opinion about things.
The question of the matter is -

Do You Want to Be Right or Do You Want to Be Fit?

Losing weight becomes possible when you make a DECISION.

1 commentaires:

  1. thanks for posting this one. Very enjoyable. I'd never heard of these we work as
    Rehabilitation centre in Punjab who provides several types of therapies and facilities
    by which addicted people can get best aid. We have certified and professional
    medical staff who always care of patients. For more details,
    visit the website or call us.
    FIND OUT MORE AT
    Nasha mukti kendra in Ludhiana

    nasha mukti kendra in himachal pardesh

    Rehabilitation Center In Punjab

    Nasha mukti kendra in Jammu

    Nasha mukti kendra in Ludhiana

    RépondreSupprimer